Wednesday, December 2, 2015

An unforgettable dance

Yea,it's been quite a while
Thank God for His mercies
one would have been consumed
Am so glad to be back.


Well,just decided to share an experience with you that had not left me the same.
Just the other day,I needed to pick up my dress from the tailor,but unfortunately on getting there,her shop was locked and I could not even reach her on phone,so I decided to ask a neighbour I met outside,a woman with four little kids.
Lo and behold,this woman and her kids were so lost in dancing that I could not even get their attention for about half an hour.
Well,I needed my dress so badly,hence was willing to wait.The rigorous dancing continued with a Yoruba praise music playing at the background.After about half an hour,the woman turned to me and said "madam,wetin I fit do for you o"ahhh,finally I caught her attention,but guess what!I was so captivated by the way she danced to that praise music that I forgot about my so important dress at the moment.
Once,she decided to speak with me,I did not even bother asking about the tailor again,I was so curious that I had to ask her why she's been dancing so much for minutes,she replied and said "Anti,as you dey see me so,I neva chop breakfast,and see all these pikin,na me get dem,their papa don waka leave us,so as we wake up this morning,I check the house,nothing dey to chop,Anti I mean nothing at all o,so I com dust one of my clothes,I see thirty naira for there,so I give my first pikin to go buy beans ,I com beg gari for my neighbour ,so dey chop am,we no even get hope for afternoon,but Anti,as I wan dey think,dey cry for my life,na so one very fine big car rush pass here o,people dey cry inside,I com ask my neighbour say wetin happen to dem,she say na the pikin number four wey dem go bury this year be that,this one sef na doctor ,she just com from America,dey don spend all their money but the children just dey die dey go,hmmmm,anti e no easy o,four pikin in one year,so I com think am say,even if I no get money,I get life,as you dey see my four children so,den no dey sick,me sef I strong kakaraka,y I no go dance,money no be everything o my sister.
Hmmmmm,that was all I could say,I now understand the reason behind this woman's praise,but while I was yet recovering from her own story,I heard another person burst into a praise sing just at the next shop,its the watch repairer,so I was forced to look in his direction,and to my amazement,this man was on a wheel chair,paralysed from the hips down,the moment he noticed me gazing at him,he said "sister,am sure you are wondering the reason for my sudden outburst of praise despite my condition,but you know what,I know those people very well,they are very wealthy,but money could not save them,though I may not have legs,but I have life and my family is fine,so I have hope,but the dead has no hope again,though they had plenty shoes,they cannot wear them again because they are dead.
Woow,are those tears dripping from my eyes?
I was actually left humbled by those stories,so I thought of my life,and I realised everything had been nearly perfect,though some dreams may not have been actualised,but there are signals,they will soon be done.
I look at my family,none is missing.Though I may have lost one or two friends,but have not lost all.I thought of how terribly ill had been recently and how God had healed me.Infact,I started counting my blessings and I realised ,they are numerous and here I am feeling frustrated just because of a dress,how ungrateful we can be atimes.
I cleaned my eyes,turned back to the woman and handed her the two thousand naira meant for collecting my dress and I just walked gently away,so lost in thoughts of thanksgiving.
Hence,I considered and said,hey, cant we all just lay down our pride
Let us sit down and count our blessings
Let us forget about the unfulfilled dreams
Let us leave behind the hurts and failures
Lets think of all of Gods numerous benefits over us
He has been good beyond our understanding
For the many seen and unseen battles He won for us
For those times He carried us when our feet felt lame
For all His benefits
Let us give thanks to the Lord

If it had not been the Lord on. Our side,what could we have done?


4 comments:

  1. I'm actually weeping right now, I'm actually guilty too, of being grateful today and the next moment being frustrated about what God is yet to do, if only we can always be thankful. The gift of life is much more than any gift in the world, an alarm clock only wakes up the people God has speared to lives, we owe him praise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sis,w owe Him praise,d fact dat w are alive is a signal that hope still speaks on our behalf,God has not forgotten us and will sure perfect al dt concerns us...if only w can remain always thankful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm....if God were to charge us for every passing day we lived, we'd all be dead by now out of lack of funds. I learnt a lesson from this post about d woman with the four children, even when she had nothing, she appreciated d fact that there's life, when she saw how much God has been good to her she kept dancing. Somehow God brought u there not just to see for urself but to reward the praises of a grateful woman...trust me that 2,000 means a lot to her family. When we tank God for who He is, he steps into our situation. I'm blessed...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm,u are very rite sisGod rewards s praises of a grateful person,God deserves all our praises al d time,d whole piece was actually an inspiration from d holy spirit

    ReplyDelete